National Rural Talent Search (NRTS) Examination is a initiative of Govt.of Odisha. The selected students will get Rs.250/- per month for 36 months till he/ she continues his/ her studies in the secondary level with satisfactory performance. Maximum 5 (five) Nos. of students from a school can sit for the examination
DISBURSEMENT OF AWARD MONEY
- The scholarship money shall be disbursed to students through electronic transfer to their Bank Accounts. Soon after the publication of result and issue of award memo the awardees will be informed to open joint bank account (student and one of the parents) and submit the account details to the DEO/ BEO who will transfer the award money to the account of the student. No other mode of payment is allowed.
- The fee for NRTS Examination, 2016 is Rs.60/- (Rupees Sixty) per candidate.
- The Headmasters of Upper Primary & UGME Schools are required to collect the detail information of the students as per format (available in website) along with total fee and deposit with the concerned Block Education Officer for doing the online registration.
- The fee has to be deposited in form of PAY-IN SLIP to be automatically generated during the online registration. The detail procedure is made available under “HOW TO DEPOSIT EXAMINATION FEES” in online portal.
- A student of any school recognized / received NOC by Govt. of Odisha and has passed Class-VII having secured 60% marks in the final examination and continuing in Class-VIII is eligible to appear at the NRTS examination, Students of Schools not following syllabus of Board of Secondary Education, Odisha are not eligible for the scholarship.
- Maximum 5(five) Nos. of students from a school can sit for the examination.
Application can be done online only.