University of Petroleum and Energy Studies is conducting UPES Engineering Aptitude Test (UPESEAT 2014) on 24th May 2014. Candidates who had secured 85 % marks in 12th Class and 90 % of marks in PCM for B.Tech all streams in CBSE will be provided 100 % scholarship on the tuition fee. Only on the merit basis scholarship will be provided. Whether to continue the scholarship in the next year or not will be depend on the policies of the university. 

As per the notification released eligibility criteria for UPESEAT 2014 is Completion of 10+2 from a recognised board with 60 % of marks in aggregate in Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics. This examination conducts to have admission to do engineering degree courses in the University. In this university 80 % of seats will be allotted based on the UPESEAR 2014 examination. Remaining 20 % of seats will be given to the candidates based on the board merit or JEE Main 2014 examination. If candidates need to secure through board merit they need to pass 10+2 with at least 80 % of marks in Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics. If candidates wants to have seat based on the JEE Main 2014, they need to secure All India Rank with in 2 lakhs and minimum score of 113. 

Candidates will be selected based on the scores achieved by the candidates in UPESEAT 2014 examination. This examination paper consists of 5 sections; namely Current Affairs Awareness (20 Questions), English Language Comprehension (30 Questions), Maths (50 questions), Chemistry (50 Questions), Physics (50 Questions). Interested and eligible candidates can apply for this examination through offline or online modes. In the online mode candidates need to apply through online in the official website of  UPES and application fee (Rs.1850)  have to paid through net banking / Debit card/ Credit Card. 

In the offline mode candidates need to attain applications form admissions centres namely Mumbai, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Dehradun, Delhi, Coimbatore, Cochin, Chandigarh, and Ahmedabad. In this mode application fee is to be paid Rs.1750 in cash. Filled in application forms are to be received on or before 9th May 2014. 

Bidholi Campus Office Energy Acres,
P.O. Bidholi Via-Prem Nagar
Dehradun-248007
Tel : +91-135-2776201,2776061,2776053,6054, 2776095, 2102691
Fax :+91-135-2776090

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *