1. To teach mathematics in an interactive way rather than the usual passive presentation. To promote active learning, the teachers usually ask questions and try to develop the theory based on the answers and typical examples. At every level the participants are encouraged to explore, guess and formulate definitions and results.
2. To promote independent thinking in mathematics.
3. To provide a platform for the talented students so that they can interact with their peers and experts in the field. This serves two purposes: i) the participants come to know where they stand academically and what they have to do to bring out their full potential and ii) they establish a rapport with other participants and teachers which help them shape their career in mathematics.
Eligibility for participating in different levels
- Level O: Second year undergraduate students with Mathematics as one of their subjects.
- Level I: Final year undergraduate students with Mathematics as one of their subjects.
- Level II: First year postgraduate students with Mathematics as one of their subjects OR participants of the previous year Level I Programme.
Application can be done online only
Director, MTTS Programme
school of Mathematics and Statistics
University of Hyderabad
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com