To develop committed change agents for India through a multi-disciplinary programme guided by eminent leaders and scholars of our times.
Given the unique nature of the programme there is no "one" kind of profile for a Young India Fellow. However, the following points are being presented to give a broad idea of what we look for. A Young India Fellow could be someone who has:
- A deep-rooted ambition to solve problems and make an impact on society
- Passion for an idea or issue which could have wider social/business/academic implications
- The humility to believe that he/she needs to learn more
- The willingness to think differently and chart a new course
- A demonstrated ability to overcome challenges
- Qualities of integrity, self-awareness, energy, initiative and open-mindedness
- An above-average academic record
YIF programme is open to all Indian citizens* with:
- Applicants who are 28 years of age or less on 31st May,2014
- A recognised undergraduate or postgraduate degree
- No more than three years of work experience
The Fellowship promotes diversity and applicants from all areas of specialisation are encouraged to apply. While applicants who have been educated in a vernacular language as their medium of instruction are welcome, it is expected that they will be able to converse, read and write in English.
*Applicants holding PIO/OCI cards are also welcome to apply.
Applicants must submit a detailed application dossier. Each component of the application and the interview is important and the selection of the candidate for the programme will be made considering a combination of many factors. The process will include evaluation of the submitted application, telephone interview, personal interview and a general ability test to assess their verbal, written and analytical skills.
Submission of detailed application dossier:
Applicants can choose one of the following two ways to apply: