You need to login using your email address and a password. Make sure you provide correct email address as this is where a copy of your submitted application and all future communication from UGC-FRPS will be received.
Note that all the fields are compulsory. If you have no data for any given field, type ‘NONE’.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR START-UP GRANT
The application form has five different sections, (1) to (5).
Personal Details:In this section, you will be asked to provide some of your personal information. In addition, a second email-id (different from the one used for login) and your mobile number are to be provided.
Professional Details:In this section, you will be required to furnish detailed information on your career, specifically you have to provide
Date of joining this University as Assistant Professor
Details of doctoral degree (year of award, title of thesis)
Post- doctoral experience
Publication details: You will be asked to upload a PDF file of your complete list of publications giving for each paper: title, names of all authors, journal, year, volume, page number and impact factor of the journal in a specified format. Only PDF file adhering strictly to the given format is acceptable.
Grant-Related Information:You will be asked to upload a PDF file of your research proposal (should not exceed 5-6 pages and file size restricted to 5 MB) giving
1.Title of the Project
2.Introduction (this should contain the origin of the problem, a brief review of research &
development in the field, national and international status, and significance of the study)
5.Year-wise plan of work and targets to be achieved
6.Details of collaboration, if any intended
7.Planned break-up of the utilization of the grant(under the following heads-Minor Equipment, Consumables, Contingency, Field work, Travel)
8.Any other information that you may like to give in support of this proposal that may help evaluation of the application.
d.Declaration by the candidate:
Here, you will be asked to authenticate a few statements
e.Endorsement of the University:
You will be asked to upload a certificate (in the form of a PDF file in a given format endorsed by both the Head of the Department AND Head of the University. Note that certificates not adhering to the given format will not be accepted.
After filling the form, please click the “Preview” button to view your application in the form of a PDF file. If you want to change any data you entered, kindly go back and make the changes or otherwise, click the “Submit” button. After you click this button your application will be immediately sent to the National Coordinator of the Programme, with a copy sent to your login email address.
If you encounter any problem in submitting your application, please contact the National Coordinator.
This grants are available only to the faculties of Basic Sciences, including Medical and Engineering Sciences, of the Universities, which are eligible to receive developmental grants from UGC.
The following criteria must be complied with strictly:
1. The applicant is an Assistant Professor who has been appointed against a permanent vacancy following due procedure of the University.
2. The applicant is a Ph.D. with a minimum of two research publications in reputed journals (as determined by the impact factor of the journals and their inclusion in international databases like Scopus, SciFinder and Web of Science).
3. The application is submitted within a period of one year from the date of joining the University.
You will be asked to upload three (3) PDF files providing
· complete list of publications giving for each paper : serial number, title of the paper, names of all authors, journal, year, volume, page and impact factor of the journal.
· grant related information giving : project title, introduction, objectives, methodology, year-wise plan of work & targets to be achieved, details of collaboration, planned break-up of the utilization of the grant and any other information which the investigator may like to give in support of his proposal.
· a certificate from your University in a given format.
You will be asked to provide additional information the email@example.com