The Brandon Research Fellowship is intended to cover a stay of at least 11-13 weeks at the Lauterpacht Centre for International Law and has a maximum value of £4,500 (GBP); any additional travel or other expenses will be the responsibility of the selected Fellow. The Fellowship is tenable between October 2016 and September 2017. Two awards may be made if the strength of the field warrants it.
The Lauterpacht Centre provides a centre for research in Cambridge for legal practitioners and academics from around the world. The Brandon Fellow will be welcomed as part of the community of Visiting Fellows at the Centre and will undertake their own project research on some aspect of public or private international law or international arbitration. The expectation is that candidates will pursue their own research projects. However, should the successful applicant’s research project be within an area connected to LCIL fellows’ projects and research activities, candidates may be invited to contribute to or collaborate in those projects. Information on requirements and eligibility can be found in the guidance notes below.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 14th March 2016
Applications should be submitted in accordance with the guidance notes and using the application form below. The application should consist of the following:
- completed Application Form (including an outline of the proposed research);
- a curriculum vitae (maximum four pages);
- two letters of reference.
All documents should be prepared in English. Applications must be received by 14th March 2016. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Candidates for the Brandon Fellowship must be fluent in English and at least one of French, German or Spanish.
- Candidates must specify a project on some aspect of public or private international law or international arbitration on which they will work while resident at the Lauterpacht Centre.
- The Fellowship is intended to cover a stay of at least once acceptance period of 11-13 weeks (term) at the Lauterpacht Centre in the year of the award.
- This is a Post-Graduate research fellowship. Persons currently enrolled in PhD programs (in the UK or elsewhere) are not eligible to apply unless their final thesis has been submitted before the closing date for applications.
Applications for the Brandon Fellowship should consist of:
(a) Completed application form including outline of proposed research (available on the Lauterpacht Centre website: www.lcil.cam.ac.uk);
(b) Curriculum vitae (maximum four pages);
(c) Two letters of reference.
All documents should be prepared in English. The Applicant must ensure that his/her application is delivered either by post or email by the application deadline. The Applicant is also responsible for ensuring that the letters of reference are received by the application deadline.
Candidates submitting two copies of their application by post or by mail
Brandon Research Fellowship
Lauterpacht Centre for International Law
5 Cranmer Road
Cambridge CB3 9BL