Deakin, one of Australia’s most progressive University, has initiated a campaign called “Changing 100 Lives” which aims to enable students to access, participate and achieve a higher education regardless of their location, socio-economic status or family situation.
The NDTV Deakin Scholarship program is now entering into its second year. The inaugural edition of the scholarship in 2015 received over 400 applications for the 100% tuition fee scholarship that was on offer. The winner of the inaugural scholarship is now studying Bachelor of Communication (Journalism) at Deakin University. The selection process was telecasted in a series of two episodes on NDTV Prime.
As natural partners towards a common cause, of "Changing Lives", the NDTV Deakin Scholarship Program was launched in April 2015 to offer one 100% tuition fee scholarship to a deserving candidate for enrolment for onshore studies at Deakin University in Australia.
2016 promises to be bigger and better. As part of NDTV Deakin Scholarship 2016, we will be offering four 100% tuition fee scholarships to meritorious applicants from India.
The objective of the NDTV Deakin Scholarship Program is to identify deserving students with meritorious academic history and holistic achievements for studies on-shore at Deakin University, Australia with the view of giving back to India the skills and experience which would make an impact to the society.
For Under Graduate Studies at Deakin
- The applicant must have o more than 80% or equivalent in the 12th Indian Board Examinations/ IB / GCSE
- Significant achievements in co-curricular activities
- Demonstration of commitment to give back to society, the knowledge and experience
- Minimum English language capability as per requirements for the course / area of study at Deakin University
Completed applications must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Documents required to be sent in mail are:
- Copy of Grade 10th Mark sheet and Passing certificate (attested by a Gazetted officeror Notarized or by school Principal)
- Copy of Grade 11th Mark sheet (attested by a Gazetted officer or Notarized or by school Principal)
- Grade 12 predicted grade (for IB / GCSE students ) / Pre Board Mark sheet (for CBSE /ICSE students) – attested by school Principal
- Recommendation Letter / Character certificate from School – signed and attested byschool Principal
- Copies Certificates related to Extra-Curricular achievements during the last three years(attested by a Gazetted officer or Notarized or by school Principal)
- A 300 – 500-word essay / statement of purpose on “Why should you be considered for the scholarship?”