From among the large number of postgraduate courses offered by German institutions of higher education, the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) supports a carefully chosen selection of programmes of particular interest to junior executives from developing countries. These degree courses, which consist of one to two years of concentrated study, provide young, academically-trained professionals in leading positions from developing countries with the opportunity to engage in postgraduate education and training in their particular field or profession.
At present, postgraduate courses are offered in the following fields:
• Economic Sciences / Business Administration / Political Economics
• Development Co-operation
• Engineering and Related Sciences
• Mathematics • Regional Planning
• Agriculture and Forest Sciences
• Environmental Sciences
• Medicine and Public Health
• Veterinary Medicine
• Social Sciences and Education
• Media Studies
Selection criteria and procedures for DAAD scholarship recipients ensure that:
• priority target candidates have proven, development-related motivation and can be expected to make full use of their scholarship and education by taking on social responsibility later in their careers, acting as agents of change who stimulate and support development in their personal and professional surroundings (motivation, commitment to development),
• the candidates have the professional and academic qualifications necessary to ensure successful completion of the degree programme in Germany (final scores on previous academic examinations, language skills),
• women and candidates from disadvantaged groups who meet the required academic and professional standards and show proven commitment to development-related issues are especially targeted for programme admission.
Applicant have to apply online for this scholarship.
Deutscher Akademischer Austausch Dienst (DAAD)
German Academic Exchange Service Ref. ST42
P.O. Box 20 04 04 53134