The DA-IICT at Gandhinagar represents Wave-4 of educational innovation in Gujarat.
The first wave was the nationalist wave and led to Gandhian experiments in education including Nai Talim. The Gujarat Vidyapith established in 1920 was a hybrid model of a university based on Gandhian principles.
The second wave led to the establishment of a whole range of educational institutions in Gujarat, mainly private colleges
The third wave, an inspired one, was spearheaded by the industrialist Kasturbhai Lalbhai and the scientist Vikram Sarabhai and led to the establishment of a network of national institutes of international renown. A whole array of remarkable intellectuals provided the leadership of these institutes.
It was in Wave 4 when the focus shifted to higher education and private participation. One of the institutes created during this period is DA-IICT. It is a University under the State Act of Gujarat. The DA-IICT was established in Gandhinagar in 2001. It is the only advanced institute named after the Late Dhirubhai Ambani, the founder of Reliance Group.
Admission to the above programs will be based on the All India Rank of Joint Entrance Examination 2015 (JEE-2015) Main, which is conducted by CBSE. Therefore, candidates who are appearing for JEE 2015 Main can only apply for these programs.
- Please submit online application form by clicking on the link given below. Application fee (non-refundable) is Rs. 1200/- (Rupees One thousand two hundred only) Click here to apply online.
- The Candidate has to satisfy the eligibility criteria in order for her/his application to be considered for final admission.
- The admission to the candidates to the programs will be based on the All India Rank of Joint Entrance Examination 2015 (JEE-2015) Main, which is conducted by CBSE. Therefore, candidates who are appearing for JEE 2015 Main can only apply for these programs.
- The short-listed candidates, based on the All India Ranking of JEE 2015, will be offered admission (confirmed/waitlisted) in order of their merit (based on the All India Ranking of JEE 2015). Counselling will be done online. Applicants are advised, from the date of announcement of first merit list, to check for e-mail communications from the Institute to learn about the admission status and steps they need to take to continue with the counselling process.
- The candidates who have accepted admission offers will be asked to appear for registration, followed by counselling, document verification and payment of fees. Subsequent to this there will be orientation for those who have been given confirmed admission.
Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology
Near Indroda Circle
Gandhinagar – 382 007, Gujarat, India.
Phone: (079) 30510574/575/576