Higher Education has had played a very vital role in the history of nation building all over the world. It is amply clear that no rise in general standards of living and culture is possible without strengthening the higher education system in the country. It obviously calls for a multipronged strategy. There is a need to modernize our higher education system, and equally important to continuously attract young and talented students to pursue higher education. It is being increasingly observed that the brighter lot is not pursuing Post-Graduate education in our institutions of higher learning. To emerge as a powerful nation, there is an urgent need to bring in talented boys and girls in the field of Post-Graduate education by way of providing them good incentives in the form of scholarships. The UGC, therefore, introduced a Post-Graduate Merit Scholarship Scheme for University UG rank holders.
The scholarship may be tenable for a period of two years to enable the rank holders of each university at undergraduate level to pursue their Master’s Degree. All universities/degree awarding institutions would be required to issue rank certificates to the toppers of the university in B.A., B.Sc., and B.Com. The purpose of this scheme is to attract talent for pursuing post graduate studies besides strengthening the basic subjects at Undergraduate level. The awardees, under this scheme, can pursue their Postgraduate programme in any area of specialization in any institution of higher learning in the country.
1. What are the eligibility criterions for this scholarship?
The First & Second Rank holders at UG level and admitted in any non-professional Postgraduate Course would be awarded the scholarship. The Undergraduate courses from following streams have been identified for the award of scholarships:
- Life Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Earth Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Social Sciences
The scholarship would however, be subject to securing a minimum of sixty percent (60%) marks at undergraduate level.
The rank holders would be considered only from affiliated universities where in atleast 100 students and in deemed / private Universities / Autonomous / Nonaffiliated colleges, at least 25 students have appeared in the examination at undergraduate level in the aforesaid programmes.
2. How can i submit the form?
First you have to log on here then click on "Apply Now" button, then click on "Click here for New Registration.!!" link. If you are already registered candidate, you can check your status by entering your registration ID and date of birth.
3. What documents required while applying online?
- Application in prescribed format.
- Prescribed Provisional Rank Certificate at U.G. level (Annexure-II). You can download the prescribed form regarding the rank certificate from here then scan & upload the copy of rank certificate under the "Personal information" tab of online application
- UG marksheet scan & upload it under the "Qualification & Declaration" tab of online application
- Prescribed Joining Report from the institution where the candidate has taken admission for P.G. Course (Annexure-I). You can download the prescribed form regarding the joining report from here then scan & upload the copy of joining report under the "Qualification & Declaration" tab of online application
4. Should i also have to submit the hard copy of the document to UGC?
No. You have to apply online only. No other mode of submission (form/document) will be applicable.
5. I am not able to upload the document what to do?
Please check the following :-
- Check your internet connectivity and delete the session and cookies from your internet browser.
- You may use another browser.
- Check the format of the document it should be only in .jpeg,.jpg,.pdf.
- Check the size of the document it should not be more than 2 MB.
6. What is the maximum age limit to fill the form?
7. I am an MBA/M.TECH/professional courses student am I eligible for this scholarship?
No, only first & second Rank holders at under-graduate level in the above mentioned specified streams only admitted in any non-professional Post-Graduate course would be awarded this scholarship.
8. I am from an open university/distance learning student am I eligible for this scholarship?
No, this scheme is only for regular students from a recognized Indian University covered under Section 2(f) and 12(B) of UGC Act.
9. What is the amount of scholarship?
The value of Scholarship amount is Rs.2,000/- p.m (10 months in the year) for a period of two years only.
Technical help while filling online form: Dharmesh Shah: email@example.com
For any other query: firstname.lastname@example.org