A term loan granted to Indian Nationals for pursuing higher education in India or abroad where admission has been secured.
Eligibility – Any Indian Citizen with 40% or more disability.
Type of Loan – Term Loan
All courses having employment prospects are eligible.
- Graduation courses/ Post graduation courses/ Professional courses
- Other courses approved by UGC/Government/AICTE etc.
- Fees payable to college/school/hostel
- Examination/Library/Laboratory fees
- Purchase of Books/Equipment/Instruments/Uniforms
- Caution Deposit/Building Fund/Refundable Deposit (maximum 10% tution fees for the entire course)
- Travel Expenses/Passage money for studies abroad
- Purchase of computers considered necessary for completion of course
- Cost of a Two-wheeler upto Rs. 50,000/-
Any other expenses required to complete the course like study tours, project work, Assistive devices etc.
Need based finance subject to the repaying capacity of the parents/students with the following ceilings
|i) Studies in India||–||Maximum Rs. 10.00 lacs|
|ii) Studies Abroad||–||Maximum Rs. 20.00 lacs|
Procedure for Obtaining Loan –
Application in the prescribed format to be submitted to the State Channelising Agency for sanction of loan as per the lending policy of National Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation
Notes:- All loans should be secured by parent(s)/guardian of the student borrower. In case of married person, co-obligator can be spouse or