The Merit-Cum-Means Scholarship Scheme has been introduced for providing financial assistance to the poor and meritorious students of West Bengal. The students of post-Madhyamik levels in regular courses who are domiciled in West Bengal and studying in one of the educational institutions of this State after passing out from the State Board/Council of Secondary/Higher Secondary Education and Madrasah Siksha Parishad or a University of West Bengal, set up by State Act, are eligible to apply for the scholarships.
a) Students annual family income must be Rs.80,000/- or less.
b) Students should satisfy the Category wise eligibility criteria as per the list below:
Higher Secondary level
1. At least 75% in aggregate in Madhyamik Pariksha or its equivalent excluding optional elective subject.
2. Students who are enrolled in Class-XI on passing the Madhyamik Pariksha or its equivalent examination in the same year of application.
Candidates opting for the scholarship and found eligible, will not be allowed to enjoy any other Governmental (Central/State) scholarship or stipend for the same course / stage of study. However, one time grant or assistance received from any source, or free or partly free studentship allowed by the host institutions will not debar the students from availing of the benefits of the Scheme. In case of suppression of fact of getting double scholarships from the Government Authorities for the same course of study the scholarships granted shall be cancelled automatically and the scholarships payee shall be asked to refund the amount at once.
Candidates can apply by either of these methods
Apply electronically Online:
- Before you start filling up the online application form, please ensure that the requisite attachments/annexure are ready for submission.
- All the mandatory information must be entered correctly to successfully submit the online application form.
- The online filling-up of the Application Form is interactive in nature and online guidance will be available while filling up the form.
- The Online application may be submitted by any one of the follow ways:
- By the Candidate directly after Registration using eServices option of the Website www.banglarmukh.gov.in.
- Through the Customer Service Centers located throughout West Bengal – will help the candidate submit the Online Application.
Please refer to the notifications published at different News Papers on behalf of the Higher Education Department.
Apply electronically Offline:
Please follow the steps mentioned below after the Online e-Form is submitted successfully:
1. Take the print-out of the submitted application.
2. Attach the Annexures as required to be submitted.
3. Send the application by Post to the respective addresses as mentioned above or drop at the drop box kept at the respective addresses
Apply manually on Paper:
Download Form from the link provided, take a print out of it fill up the space and then post to the address
Education Directorate (Directorate of Public Instruction), W.B.,
Scholarship & Stipend Section,
Government of West Bengal
Higher Education Department