One of the most notable developments in the S&T sector in the XI Plan has been the setting up of the Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) through an Act of Parliament, viz. the Science and Engineering Research Board Act, 2008. Promoting basic research in Science and Engineering and to provide financial assistance to persons engaged in such research, academic institutions, research and development laboratories, industrial concerns and other agencies for such research and for matters connected therewith or incidental thereto are the primary and distinctive mandate of the Board.
SERB aims to build up best management systems which would match the best global practices in the area of promotion and funding of basic research.
The SERB-National Post Doctoral Fellowship ( N-PDF) is aimed to identify motivated young researchers and provide them support for doing research in frontier areas of science and engineering. The fellows will work under a mentor, and it is hoped that this training will provide them a platform to develop as an independent researcher.
- The applicant should be an Indian citizen.
- The applicant should hold Ph.D. degree in Science or Engineering or M.D or M.S degree in any area of medicine.
- The applicant must have obtained Ph.D/M.D/M.S degree from a recognized University, not before two years from the date of application. Those who have submitted their PhD/M.D/M.S thesis and are awaiting award of the degree are also eligible to apply. However, such candidates, if selected, will be offered lower fellowship amount till they are awarded the eligible degree.
- The upper age limit for the fellowship is 35 years at the time of the submission of application. Age relaxation of 5 (five) years will be given to candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/Physically Challenged & Women candidates.
For successful online submission of the application the following points may be noted:
- Applicants should first register into the online website http://serbonline.in/SERB/Registration.do
- After log-in, applicants are required to fill all the mandatory fields in Profile Detail section under User Profile. which includes Bio-data, Photo, Institute Address etc.
- Details including Project Title (max 500 characters), Project summary (max 3000 characters), Keywords (max 6), Objectives of project (max 1500 characters), Expected output and outcome of the proposal (max 1500 characters) should be provided online at the time of submission of the application.
- Work Methodology and Research plan has to be uploaded in single PDF file not more than 10 MB
Science and Engineering Research Board
5 & 5A, Lower Ground Floor
Vasant Square Mall
New Delhi – 110 070
Telephone: 011 40000333
Telefax: 011 40000333