Objectives: Scholarship Scheme to Girl Child (SSGC) is an endeavour by AICTE provided to promote technical education (Engg., Architecture, Pharmacy, applied arts etc.) at Degree and Diploma levels to a girl child. It has been found that at the level of Technical Education, the ratio of girl’s student decreases. The scheme is to support a girl per family. SSGC aim is to contribute towards the education of academically inclined girl children across India wanting to pursue technical education.
- The girl should be an Indian citizen.
- Only one girl candidate per family may apply for the scholarship.
- The scheme is applicable to a girl child who has taken admission in regular, full-time 1st year course in an undergraduate Degree/Diploma course in any AICTE approved Govt. / Govt. Aided Institutions/University departments imparting technical education.
- The applicant must not be receiving any other scholarship/ Tuition fee reimbursement from another organization.
- The applicant must not have been a previous recipient of SSGC scholarship from AICTE.
- Family income should be less than Rs. 6 lakhs per annum
- Only students admitted in first year of the academic year 2014-15
Duration of Project:
Four/ three years as the case may be for Degree/Diploma level courses.
Limit of funding:
- Rs. 30000 or Tuition fee at actual, whichever is less for all years of program duration and Rs. 2000/months for 10 months in a year for all the years of program.
- 4000 scholarships would be awarded to eligible candidates under this scheme per year.
The state nodal committee formulated by DTE shall forward a proposal recommending a consolidated list of girl Childs for consideration for SSGC to the council based on the percentage of mark/rank scored at entry level qualifying exam.
Terms and Conditions
- Separate institutional overhead expenses shall not be provided by AICTE.
- During the year of scholarship the student should be a regular student.
- The scheme is not applicable for lateral/part time admitted students.
- The maximum duration of scholarship is 4 years.
- The scholarship shall be fortified in case the student leaves the Institution.
- Council has the right to cancel the scholarship grant without giving any prior notice, if any discrepancy is reported
The duly filled in form complete in all respects along with scanned attested copies of the sertificates in pdf are required to be submitted as attachments on email email@example.com form 27th September 2014 & on or before 30th October 2014.
Documents to be submitted
- Forwarding letter to the AICTE office
- List of candidate eligible for scholarship that shall include the following in tabulated form:-
- Name of the students
- Name and address of the institute admitted
- District and state
- Entrance examination passed
- Course admitted
- Year of admission
- Rank obtained
- Proof of admission to Ist year in the Institute.
- Adhar card linked Bank account of student with Mobile No., e.mail adds, Bank account, IFSC code.
- A certificate from the Institute where student have taken admission to first year in prescribed format.
- An affidavit on Rs. 50/- stamp paper from the parent/student dually attested by the Gazetted officer in prescribed format.
AICTE, 7th Floor, Chanderlok Building, Janpath, New Delhi-110 001