SINGA is an award given to international students with excellent academic undergraduate and/or master’s results, and strong interest in doing research leading to a doctorate (PhD) in Science and Engineering at a Singapore University. The students can choose to do their research work mainly at the Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR), National University of Singapore (NUS), Nanyang Technological University (NTU) or the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD). The PhD degree will be conferred by either NUS, NTU or SUTD.
Award:- The award provides financial support for up to 4 years of PhD studies. It includes:
– Full support of tuition fees
– Stipends – S$2,000 per month (S$24,000 per annum), to be increased to S$2,500 per month (S$30,000 per annum) after passing Qualifying Examinations
– One-time S$1,000 settling-in allowance
– One-time airfare grant of S$1,500
- Open to all international students
- Graduates with a passion for research and excellent academic results
- Good skills in written and spoken English
- Good reports from academic referees
Applications are invited for SINGA Awards for August 2015 intake. Up to 240 SINGA Awards are given every year to top students from all over the world. SINGA only supports PhD studies in the field of science and engineering. PhD training will be carried out in English at your chosen lab at A*STAR Research Institutes, NTU or NUS. The award provides financial support for up to 4 years. The application deadline is 1st January 2015 for August 2015 intake.
Applicant will first need to fill up an online application form and submit it through the SINGA website. Then send hard copies of supporting documents via post. These supporting documents include :-