CRY will award the Media Fellowship to four journalists this year. The journalist would be required to research on a topic of his choice which must encapsulate an area of neglect or violation of the child right space. An interesting case study, new perspective and a breakthrough research idea makes for an ideal candidate for this fellowship. The area and topic of research will be the journalist’s prerogative. The media fellows would be mentored by senior national media persons and shall have the opportunity to showcase their fellowship outcomes in a national consultation in New Delhi.
Principles governing the fellowship:
It is expected that fellows ascribe to the CRY Values:
Duration: The duration of the fellowship will be 3 Months.
Applicants will be Indian journalists, residing in India. Journalist should be associated with a media house and contributing to print or online medium.
Applications should be submitted in preferably English or Hindi and must include the following:
- Brief Curriculum Vitae
- A brief proposal of approximately 1500-2000 words outlining:
- The thematic area and its relevance
- The geographical coverage
- Methodology and timeline
- A detailed budget.
- Written consent from the Editor
- Five recent stories of the journalist (Stories must have been published in the past one year; Summary of the stories in English must be provided in case it is in a regional language)
- Two references with their contact details.
- All applications must be typed. Handwritten and incomplete applications will be rejected.
Mail the applications to email@example.com
In absence of internet access, you may send your applications by post to: CRY-Child Rights and You 632, 2nd floor, Lane No.3, Westend Marg, Saiyad-ul-Ajaib
New Delhi, DL 110030
Please mention ‘Application for Media Fellowship’ on top of the envelope
- Incomplete proposals without the requisite components mentioned in the application guidelines will not be considered.
- Proposals where the duration of the fellowship exceeds three months and the budget exceeds Rs. 1 lakh will not be considered. The extension of the duration of the fellowship will be considered only under exceptional circumstances.
- CRY has the right to question the deliverables of the three month research and can stall payment if the fellow has not delivered in line with the set expectations communicated.
- This fellowship cannot be held simultaneously with any other fellowship.
- The shortlisted candidates would be informed within 3- 4 weeks of receipt of proposal for the final selection process.
- The expenses incurred in travel and accommodation for the purpose of selection and final presentation at the national consultation will be arranged by CRY.
- Each selected fellow will have to sign detailed Terms of Reference with CRY.
At the completion of the fellowship, the journalist is expected to present the following:
- A detailed write-up on the issue researched during the fellowship.
- The journalist is expected to publish a minimum of two in-depth stories on the issue researched.
- Presentation at the national consultation to be held in New Delhi.
CRY-Child Rights and You 632,
2nd floor, Lane No.3,
Westend Marg, Saiyad-ul-Ajaib
New Delhi, DL 110030