The National Board for Higher Mathematics (NBHM) invites applications for the grant of scholarships to students for pursuing studies leading to a masters degree in mathematics.
Only candidates belonging to one of the following categories can apply.
• Students holding a first class B.A./B.Sc. degree in mathematics or students holding a B.A.(Hons.)/B.Sc.(Hons.) degree in mathematics with at least a second class.
• Students in the final year of the B.A./B.Sc. programme expecting to complete the course by July 2016 with a first class (or, in case of an honours program, at least a second class).
• Students with a good academic record who have already completed, or expect to complete by July 2016, one year of a recognized M.Sc. program in mathematics.
• Students who have completed, or expect to complete by July 2016, three or four years of a five-year integrated M.Sc. programme in mathematics with cumulative marks/grade equivalent to a first class.
Applications on plain paper should be made.
- They should be sent, along with a recent passport sized photograph of the applicant affixed to it and a self-addressed envelope, to the Zonal Coordinator of the zone in which the candidate wishes to appear for the written test.
- Addresses of the zonal coordinators are given below.
- The envelope containing the application should be super-scribed NBHM MA/MSc Scholarships. Each candidate should clearly indicate two centres from the zone in which (s)he wishes to appear for the test, in order of preference. The addresses of the zonal coordinators for sending the completed applications are as follows:
Zone 1: Prof. Gurmeet Kaur Bakshi
Department of Mathematics,
Hans Raj Gupta Hall,
Chandigarh – 160 014.
Zone 2: Prof. Kalyan Chakraborty
Harish-Chandra Research Institute,
Chhatnag Road, Jhusi,
Allahabad – 211 019.
Zone 3: Prof. Siddhartha Bhattacharya
School of Mathematics,
Tata Institute of Fundamental Research,
Homi Bhabha Road, Colaba, Mumbai – 400 005.
Zone 4: Prof. Avishek Adhikari
Department of Pure Mathematics,
University of Calcutta,
35, Ballygunge Circular Road,
Kolkata – 700 019.
Zone 5: Prof. S. Kesavan
c/o Institute of Mathematical Sciences,
CIT Campus, Taramani,
Chennai – 600 113.